Dr. Eshantha Ariyadasa
PhD (Australia), M.Ed. (Japan), B.Sc. (Sri Lanka), U.E. (New Zealand)
Sputnik International Education Centre
- Doctor of Philosophy (Social Sciences) Flinders University of South Australia (2012 – 2016).
- Master of Education (Health & Physical Education) Tokyo Gakugei University – Japan (1998 – 2000).
- Bachelor of Science (Building Economics) University of Moratuwa – Sri Lanka (1992 – 1996).
- Diploma in Japanese, Aoyama International Education Centre – Japan (1997 – 1998).
- Diploma in Braille (Japanese Language), Red Cross Society Isehara – Japan (1991).
- Diploma in Management, Tatsuya Isehara – Japan (1990 – 1992).
- Diploma in English, Sri Jinarathana Institute Colombo – Sri Lanka (1986).
- Instructor (A – Grade) School Karate Do Federation of Sri Lanka.
- Referee (A – Grade) National Body for Karate Do in Sri Lanka.
- Umpire (A – Grade) Table Tennis Association of Sri Lanka.
- Coach (A – Grade) NWP Table Tennis Association of Sri Lanka.
- Chief Instructor – All Japan Karate do Federation Renbukan Sri Lanka.
- From 2001, Director General, Sputnik International Education Centre.
- 2003 – 2012, Visiting Lecturer (Aerobics & Japanese), University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
- 2001 – 2002, Visiting Lecturer, (Physical Education) University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- 2000 – 2001, Resource Personal, (PE) National Institute of Education, Sri Lanka.
- 1996 – 1997, Lecturer, (Quantity Surveying) Technical College, Kurunegala, Sri Lanka.
- 1988 – 1990, Teacher (English) Mahamankadawela College, Anuradapura, Sri Lanka.
- 1998 – 2000, Assistant Instructor (Practice of Sports Fitness), Tokyo Gakugei University, Japan.
- 1998 – 2000, Lecturer (International Relationships) Ministry of Education, Japan.
- From 2004, Founder / Chairman, Sputnik International Sri Lanka Organization.
- From 2007 – Founder / Manager, Sputnik Girls’ Home, Kurunegala.
- 1996, 2003, 2004, 2005 – President, NWP Table Tennis Association.
- 1996 – 1997, Chairman (Tournament Committee) Table Tennis Association of Sri Lanka.
- 1993 – 1996, Secretary, NWP Karate Do Association.
- 1993 – 1997, Karate Coach, University of Moratuwa.
- 1993 – 1997, Table Tennis Coach, Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- Buildings for the Blind.[B.Sc(QS) Hons]
- Applicability of Japan Physical Education system into Sri Lanka [Researched area: Primary school physical education (M.Ed. Health and physical Education)]
- Life chances of young people in voluntary children’s homes in Sri Lanka A critical review of policy and governance with references to case studies.[PHD(social and Behavioural Science)
- Ministry of Higher Education Japan.
- Ito Chu Memorial Foundation, Japan.
- Yonnex Foundation, Japan.
- Ministry of Education, Australia.
- AFS High School Intercultural Exchange Scholarship Award (EBOP, New Zealand).
- Australian Mathematics Competition for the Westpack Award (Auckland, New Zealand).
- Australia Awards Endeavour Scholarship (Flinders University, Australia).
- Margaret Mead Memorial Award (Berlin, Germany)
- Most Outstanding Lecturer (International Relationships), Foreign Student is a Teacher Program, Ministry of Education, Japan.
- Winner, Public English Speech Competition, New Zealand.
- 1st place at the 8th Japanese Language Speech Competition, Sri Lanka.
- Best Speaker, Foreign Students Speech Competition, Tokyo Gakugei, University, Japan.
- Karate Black Belt 3rd Dan, All Japan Karate Do Federation Renbukan, Japan.
- University Colours for Table Tennis for 3 consecutive years, University of Moratuwa.
- Participated in the 11th and 12th International Seminar of Budo Culture (1999 & 2000) conducted by International Budo University, Japan.
- Participated in the Olympic Solidarity Course in Table Tennis under the auspices of the National Olympic Committee sponsored by International Olympic Committee, 1995.
- Participated as the representative of Sri Lanka in the Japan Tent Program on “People are communication” sponsored by Kanazawa Prefecture, Japan, under the auspices of United Nations, 1999.
Extra-Curricular Activities at School and University Level:
- Senior Head Prefect (1986-1987), Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- President’s Scout (1982), Best Scout of the year (1983, 1985), Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- CSM (Company Sergeant Major) / Bugle Major (1984-1985) School Cadet Band, Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- Captain (1983-1984) under 17 Basket Ball Team, Best Basketball Player (1984), Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- President (1986-1987) English Literary Association, Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- Captain (1983-1984) Debating Team, Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- Member (1979-1982) College Orchestra, Best Instrumentalist (1984) Maliyadeva College, Kurunegala.
- Captain (1994-1995) Table Tennis Team, Colours holder (1993, 1994), University of Moratuwa.
- Chief Coordinator (1994-1995) Symposium on Project Management, University of Moratuwa.
- Head of the Transport Committee, 5th University Games, University of Moratuwa.